Friday, June 12, 2009

Talking about Mood

Unstable mood, overwhelmed bunch of emotion, dissatisfaction, or feeling of losing gut! That sucks huh?! Yeah that really does! And that may highly and commonly happen to anybody. But what is that then if erupting so rapidly and morbidly? Well, let’s psychologically figure that out then. Yeah! We’re going to talk something scientific rather than emotional like I always do hehehe, but it’s still me talking.

I come to the thing that called bipolar disorder; they call it so, the psychologists actually. It has something to do with the presence of your abnormally (if I may say; disorderly) erupted mood state changing, and can be regarded as mood disorder and clinically called mania while for the one which comes to be milder as hypomania. In a severe case, it happens to be psychotic. Wow! then I begin to worry about what I had been experiencing lately. I almost think I could go crazy (yet sure I am not, nuts never call themselves crazy for God’s sake).

Well! In this case the sufferers are most likely to show the symptoms of period of depressive state defined by the persistent presence of anxiety, feeling of sadness, hopelessness, shyness, fatigue, loneliness, problem concentrating, anger, guilt, disturbance of sleeping, social withdrawal, isolation, losing interest, losing apatite and so on and so forth. Severely cause delusion and hallucination and can be regarded to be psychotic. Those symptoms can be also appeared different in each sufferer. And unluckily this heck of disorder can’t be diagnosed evidently through those tests like blood test whatsoever, and it’s hard for even a mental health pro. But scientists believe it’s caused by the imbalance state of the chemical substance in your brain. Environmental influence and genetic factor have things to do with this disorder.

So, according to what I read too, the disorder is divided into four types which are bipolar I with manic state, bipolar II with hypo-manic one, and cyclothymia, and bipolar NOS (not otherwise specified). Those four basically show almost the same symptoms but in different level in each occurrence. For example, in bipolar I, the sufferer may experience manic state with or without major depressive state. Unlike it, in bipolar II, the sufferer may experience at least one major depressive state and hypo-manic span which sometimes, unlike manic state, simply presents the period of having highly work productivity or success, which makes it harder to diagnose. While in cyclothymia appears to be the state of unstable mood changing which interferes the functioning of the sufferer. And the last, bipolar NOS happen not to show those mentioned symptoms but one suffers from what so called bipolar disorder.

Wow, what the heck is that? I mean it’s undeniably horrible, the disease. It drives human being crazy. To tell you the truth, writing it is depressing. And maybe you find it boring to read such thing, but I guess you better not to because it’s knowledge people. At least it’s better to write (and read) this rather than my lousy feeling expression. Correct me if I’m wrong!
So, talking about your emotional state (if you’re having one), do you find yourself having those symptoms???

1 komentar:

Unknown said...

it is too boring like what U say yourself and not better than your lousy feeling writing

Post a Comment