Friday, June 12, 2009

-- Being Lively by Being Lonely-- The Art of Enjoying Loneliness

It just took me by surprise as I told my friend I was having dinner at one evening in a restaurant all by myself that she said “What are you doing? Enjoying loneliness? That sucks!” In the other day another friend felt sorry for I was spending my evening with a cup of coffee in my favorite coffee corner all by myself. Then I would say I am enjoying every phase of my life and my time and being all alone while I can be (most of the time I say so more to myself). Yet it begins to occur to me that “hey…is it that bad?” Or maybe is it one of the biggest fears of most of people being ending up alone or lonesome? Or is it just mine, which I don’t even realize?


Being all alone doesn’t mean being a solitude alien that doesn’t socialize. Well, I am not one of those guys who do not have any friends or do not socialize, which I believe that there aren’t any. I make friends and I socialize, and now and then I practically hang out with them; having some laughs, some talks, some fun with them. But when they’re gone, I begin to feel like I don’t know, they gone quite non-literally. I believe I (we) can deal with that. But sometimes I need my friends and family, we need our friends and family, but some other times we need ourselves more. Believe me it feels good to be all alone some time; enjoying, for example, the quiet evening walk by yourself after some coffee, enjoying peaceful moment by yourself, just enjoying you yourself. It feels nice but if you find it not, all you have to do is to try to see it through the other sides. Then I can assure you and me myself that being all alone is not that bad, it ain’t a disaster. And the most important thing is that if you’ve been thinking it’s pathetic, well I guess you’ve been thinking less correctly, the truth is it’s not.


So, there are two things I keep in mind to be sure of it. First, I believe that it’s my need to be lonely after being fed up with all the things happened or just to feel how it feels. Second, I believe that the moment of having loneliness defines how great I sense the feeling of having liveliness in turn, which I believe will be more meaningful in the other day, will be felt more beautiful. You can taste liveliness much better once you felt loneliness in the first place. So enjoy those two inseparable sides of the process of the nature, enjoy every step of our lives.


Celebrate loneliness…
See for how long I can survive…

3 komentar:

sinta Dien wulandari said...

to be honest, im kinda person who enjoying loneliness..
sometimes we need friends,family, boyfriend or girlfriend, its totally true we need people around but i think people also need take their own time to be alone.
when i used to be alone, i was doing what u did, went some place alone where i think i comfortable with, sounds pathetic, but its not that bad...
when it comes, i just can gratitude that god still give me spirit of life, and whether we are alone or not, we was born because god made a purpose... :)

Unknown said...

two lonesome guys writing and sharing their feelings. U both sound pathetic. U tell everyone that u are okay but u are not. What u experienced is not enjoying loneliness, because too much lonely time u both take. It is like trying to find justification to what u did. Lonely is terrifying disease which should be cured quickly......

Herdiawan Fajar said...

here is the choice... whether to be alone or not
and at the end of the day enjoying will eventually comes...because like i said i chose.

Post a Comment