Friday, July 3, 2009

About Movies--About Feeling the Excitement

There are two things how I enjoy from movies; those are its great story and its sophisticated technology. If good, those will be very fascinating, but usually each of them served in each different movie. I mean, some serve stunning visual effects and some serve great story, but seriously, just a few serve both.

Well, about great-story movie, for me it would happen to be movies such as American Beauty, Revolutionary Road, Rachel Getting Married or the latest I watched; My Blueberry Nights and Georgia Rule to be worth watching. Okay, what I mean to say is those total drama movies, or drama comedy, or maybe thriller. Those kinds of movies serve a quite acting, a good story which is great life experience (sometimes tragic), and emotional thrill, amusing scene, suspense, or even sarcastic dialogue, which appears to be their strength. While Transformers, The Dark Knights, Monsters VS. Alien, (action or animation), on the other hand, will get you such stunning technology, despites their stories that speak out about the same thing that the good will always eventually prevails.

And here are some movies I recently watched and enjoyed, which specified into those two things:



My Blueberry Nights (starring Norah Jones, Jude Law, Rachel Weisz, and Natalie Portman); it’s a movie about how you learn to deal with life’s bitterness, how you heal from a great loss, pain, or suffering which seemingly lead to such a despair and eventually how you look at the bright side and just recover, which is perceived by Elizabeth (Jones).


Not a way different, a family drama movie Georgia Rule directed by Garry Marshal, acted by Jane Fonda, Felicity Huffman, and Lindsay Lohan also speaks about life’s complexity about how clear you would define what is right from what’s wrong, the truth and lies and about how deep and wise you could be to forgive everyone (you love) who un-intended-ly hurts you so badly. It is telling you how forgiving could be so hard and complicated, as well as easy and simple at the same time. These movies are as enjoyable as the movie showing robots with the hard metal look but dynamically (gracefully) fighting to serve peace for the universe which I watched few days ago.


It’s Michael Bay’s second installment movie of Transformers, Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen, despite a less great story, (for me) it belongs to those enjoyable sophisticated-technology movies. Seriously it’s really cool, the visual effects. See all the robots fight against each other to save the universe from a massive invasion of those bad ones, see also the military jet plane of USA of course. And take a look at their movements in the war scenes; see the detail of the massive destruction resulted in the city, the Pyramid. That is technology we are talking about. And okay, it all is intimidating and fascinating though.

But…
If such situation is really happening, I get a little question crossing my mind about why is it supposed to be only USA to stand solely saving the world? Ah...well, just forget it…


So! that’s got to be the way how I enjoy movies as my entertainment which sometimes makes me get to have a muse by those touching or even amusing stories and or makes me stunned or fascinated by those twenty-first-century accomplishment of human civilization; sophisticated technology. And honestly speaking, I like them both. They’re cool…

4 komentar:

rajinbelajar said...

About Transformer i like...but the others movie i'm not watching... Oh ya...do you know about Idonesian Movie,,, KING...i want to watch taht but..i'm not sure when i can watch that movie...

Herdiawan Fajar said...

yeah every body does like transformers
like i said it's kinda cool
King? i heard...take your time to watch then

Nciem said...

Hi, herdi, It' me your twins nciem he..he
I've watched the bluberry night, and I think it is one of a good movie to watch. it is always interesthing to learn about how people can solve their problems. for me a good movie is a movie that gives me something whether infuences or advices.
well..By the way Right now, I feel like I wanna go away from everything in my life. I feel like empty,sad, guilty.... should I take a long journey to recover my self from this kinda emptiness? what do you think?

Herdiawan Fajar said...

yeah we can always learn about everything, from everything, including movies.
well, i had been dueling with such feeling, you know that hehehe. and believe me you will get through that just fine, but it takes a process, a time... but you will no matter what (it is merely a phase), and in the mean time just, enjoy what we are having, i will feel good...

Post a Comment